At the Nxt Gen Institute of Physical Therapy, we believe that “the bases for clinical competence and professional excellence reside within the processes of unending inquiry and reasoning” We hinge on training an autonomous practitioner who can comprehensively provide care in a changing healthcare market and serve their community as an expert and critical thinker in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy care.
Our Certification in Orthopedic Physical Therapy is a program which we highly recommend for clinicians (or DPT students) who are wanting to better their Orthopedic knowledge and skill set. This program leads to a Cert. OPT credential and distinguishes you as having advanced knowledge in Orthopedic Physical Therapy. This program provides you with weekly didactic coursework and virtual classes (live and recorded) to ensure you have achieved clinical mastery.
This program is 12-months long and focuses on an blended-classroom, educational model which addresses all aspects necessary to deem you as having advanced knowledge in Orthopedics.
The Cert. OPT program includes:
- Weekly access to “Learn and Learn” where you will enter a virtual Q&A session, quizzing you on weekly study materials (27 total sessions)
- 30 Quizzes and/or Tests challenging you on the material learned with immediate scoring feedback
- Orthopaedic Clinical Cases Virtual Flashcards
- Supplemental material from content experts on various current concepts in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- 30 Assessment/Technique videos from “The Manual Therapist”, Dr. Erson Religioso
- A CD from the Orthopedic Section of the APTA including:
ISC 14.2, Clinical Applications of Orthopaedic Basic Science
ISC 15.2, Postoperative Management of Orthopaedic Surgeries
ISC 16.1, Pharmacology
ISC 17.1, Diagnostic Imaging in Physical Therapy
ISC 21.2, Current Concepts of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, 3rd Edition.
- 1 Elective, Onsite Course, sponsored by Nxt Gen
- Orthopedic Mentor Credentialing (prepares you to assume mentoring responsibilities of interns)
- Comprehensive final 125-question examination
Admission Criteria: Licensed Physical Therapist or SPT with demonstrating of at least 75% or higher on CPI in Orthopedic Setting
Cost: $4,500 (which can be paid in 3 easy installments)
For any programmatic questions, please contact email@example.com