Clinical Biomechanics Certification
With a shift in payment models that focus on outcomes, it’s expected that many physical therapy businesses will seek highly-qualified and educated professionals to comply with new standards. The Nxt Gen Institute of PT believes that physical therapists should be the first point of contact for patients with suspected biomechanical conditions. Our Clinical Biomechanics Certification Program prepares physical therapists to fulfill that role. Directed and taught by Dr. Bob DuVall, this hybrid-educational program reviews the “how” to assess clinical biomechanics. Coupled with advanced differential diagnosis and medical screening procedures, this program reviews the execution of a PT Assessment process driven by a Movement Diagnosis, and application of advanced clinical techniques. This Certification program sets the standard for Primary Care Physical Therapy Education.
Program Director: Bob Duvall, PT, DPT, DSc, OCS, SCS, FAAOMPT
Target Audience: Physical Therapists
Application Deadline: Applications are now being accepted through 12/1/2018 for the 2019 cohort. This program is scheduled to start on 2/1/2019.
- Must hold a state license to practice physical therapy
- Must have professional liability insurance
- Must be employed and have diverse mix of patients
- Must have a computer and good internet connection
This 6-month curriculum focuses on blending content on basic sciences, orthopedics and direct access. Below are details on the required courses within the program:
- 102: Understanding Direct Access
- 102b: Triage and Clinical Biomechanics of the UE
- 102c: Triage and Clinical Biomechanics of the LE
- 103: Fundamentals in Orthopedics and Direct Access Lab (Optional)
- Participation in online discussion is required within the curriculum. This is conducted through Microsoft Office 365.
Our programs are built upon a learning management system which is located directly within Microsoft Office 365. All technology fees are included within tuition costs. You will receive 1-year access to Office 365, starting from your start date.
Multi-Site Accreditation has been granted for the incorporation of this curriculum into our Fellowship in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy and Orthopedic Residency programs.