Orthopedic Leadership and Board Prep
At the Nxt Gen Institute of Physical Therapy, we believe that “the bases for clinical competence and professional excellence reside within the processes of unending inquiry and reasoning.” We hinge on training an autonomous practitioner who can comprehensively provide care in a changing healthcare market and serve their community as leading experts and critical thinkers in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy care.
OCS Fast Track is Nxt Gen Institutes quickest way to educate orthopedic clinical leaders. Nxt Gen defines orthopedic leaders based around mastery of orthopedic knowledge along with the clinical expertise required to be mentors and community advocates.
OCS Fast Track is a recommended for clinicians who are wanting to better prepare for the OCS Board Examination in a structured learning environment along with learning proven methods to transfer learning clinically as a mentor; a mentor to DPT Students (Interns), New Graduates, and Residents. OCS Fast Track also prepares clinicians with skills to excel post professionally as leaders in the profession and community.
Program Director: Lacey Cline, PT, MPT, OCS, COMT, Fellow-in-Training
Target Audience: Physical Therapists
Application Deadline: All applicants to OCS Fast Track must complete the application below. Enrollment is open until 12/1/2019 for the 2020 cohort. Program begins on 2/1/2020:
- Must hold a state license to practice physical therapy
- Must have professional liability insurance
- Must be employed and have diverse mix of patients
- Must have a computer and good internet connection
This 10-month curriculum focuses on blending content on basic sciences, orthopedics and direct access. Below are details on the required courses within the program:
- 101: Understanding Orthopedics
- 101a: Basic Sciences
- 101b: Current Concepts of Orthopedics
- 101c: Post-Operative Orthopedics
- 101d: Pharmacology
- 101e: Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
- 102: Understanding Direct Access
- 102a: Differential Diagnosis and Medical Screening
- 102b: Triage of the Upper Body
- 102c: Triage of the Lower Body
- 102d: Direct Access in PT/Clinical Reasoning 1
- 103: Fundamentals in Orthopedics and Direct Access Lab
- 104: Nxt Gen Mentoring and Leadership
- 104a: Mentoring and Grand Rounds
- 104b: Leadership and Communication
Participation in online discussion is required within the curriculum. This is conducted through Microsoft Office 365.
Our programs are built upon a learning management system which is located directly within Microsoft Office 365. All technology fees are included within tuition costs. You will receive 1-year access to Office 365, starting from your start date.
Multi-Site Accreditation has been granted for the incorporate of this curriculum in our Orthopedic Residency.