At the Nxt Gen Institute of Physical Therapy, we believe that “the bases for clinical competence and professional excellence reside within the processes of unending inquiry and reasoning” We hinge on training an autonomous practitioner who can comprehensively provide care in a changing healthcare market and serve their community as an expert and critical thinker in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy care.
OCS Fast Track is a program which we highly recommend for experienced clinicians who are wanting to better prepare for the OCS exam, but aren’t seeking full residency mentorship. This program ultimately affords you the luxury of formally studying for the OCS, without having to matriculate through the entire residency process. This program provides you with weekly didactic coursework and virtual classes (live and recorded) to ensure you are prepared to become an Orthopaedic Care Specialist.
This program is 10-months long and focuses on 30+ sections of study for the OCS exam. Weekly quizzes and/or tests are provided to give you real-time feedback of your content knowledge.
This program includes:
- Login to our educational portal
- Weekly access to “Masterclass Sessions” where you will enter a virtual Q&A session, quizzing you on weekly study materials (27 total sessions!)
- 30+ Quizzes and/or Tests challenging you on the material learned with immediate scoring feedback
- OCS Supplemental Videos (per content section)
- 8 OCS Crunch 2-Hour Strategy Sessions
- Supplemental material from content experts on various current concepts in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- Current Concepts Monoliths from the Orthopedic Section of the APTA including:
ISC 14.2, Clinical Applications of Orthopaedic Basic Science
ISC 15.2, Postoperative Management of Orthopaedic Surgeries
ISC 16.1, Pharmacology
ISC 17.1, Diagnostic Imaging in Physical Therapy
ISC 21.2, Current Concepts of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, 4th Edition
OCS Fast Track: Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to attend the Tuesday sessions live each week? No. Each session is recorded live and archived in the classroom for you to review at your convenience.
- Are the OCS Fast Track courses blended with any other program courses, such as Orthopedic Residency? Yes. Our live masterclass sessions also include our Orthopedic Residents.
- Are Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available for participation in this course? Currently Pending for: Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, District of Columbia. Because we do follow Orthopedic Curriculum developed by the APTA, we expect a significant number of hours to be awarded (but not guaranteed).
- How was the curriculum developed? Dr. Bob DuVall has adapted Orthopedic curriculum, which has been approved by ABPTRFE for our Orthopedic Residency, for individuals seeking formal education without the mentorship component.
- What should I expect each week? Each week there will be a live 2-hour “Orthopedic Masterclass session” from 12pm-2pm Eastern Time. Each session will cover a specific topic in orthopedics and a discussion led by a NxtGen faculty member. Following each session, a short quiz will be required to complete that week.
- How should I prepare for each week’s lesson? Each lesson will have corresponding reference material posted in the online classroom. There will be short readings that will include a monograph and sometimes research papers or handouts.
- Will there be a final exam? Yes, there will be a comprehensive final exam at the end of the course. Each participant will have 2 weeks and 2 attempts at the exam and will require a minimum of 80% to pass. This exam is comprehensive and will pull information from each of the lessons in the curriculum.
- How much does the course cost? Is a payment plan available? The course is $4500. Payment can be made in full, 3 installments, or 12 installments.
- Will a certificate be awarded upon completion of the course? You will receive a certificate of completion of “OCS Fast Track”.
- Is there a credential that I can use after my name? No credential will be awarded by Nxt Gen. That stated, we are hoping all graduates will sit for and pass the OCS exam.
- Do I need to purchase any addition reference material for the course? No additional reference material is required to be purchased.
- Why should I take this course? This course is designed to drastically improve your clinical reasoning skills and outcomes. This will, in turn, make you a much more valuable asset for your current or potential future employers. We do believe our content will help you prepare for the OCS, but even more so, provide better care to your patient.