Orthopedic Residency Direct
At Nxt Gen, we believe in providing evidence-affirmed education that is accessible at anytime, by anyone, from anywhere. With this mission in mind, we re-imagined the possibilities for Orthopedic Residency. We are excited to announce the launch of “Orthopedic Residency Direct”.
- Residency education for 1/2 the cost!
- 100+ hours of Virtual mentoring with a content expert
- Participate anytime, from anywhere!
Program Director: Lacey Cline, PT, MPT, OCS, COMT, Fellow-in-Training
Curriculum Coordinator: Heather Henry, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, FAAOMPT
Target Audience: Physical Therapists
Program Start Date: 1/1/2020
Application Deadline: All applicants to Orthopedic Residency Direct must apply through the application below.
- Must hold a state license to practice physical therapy
- Must be an APTA member (Orthopedic Section) in good standing
- Must have professional liability insurance
- Must be employed and have diverse mix of patients
- Must have a computer and good internet connection
This 12-month curriculum focuses on blending content on basic sciences, orthopedics and direct access. Below are details on the required courses within the program:
- 101: Understanding Orthopedics
- 101a: Basic Sciences
- 101b: Current Concepts of Orthopedics
- 101c: Post-Operative Orthopedics
- 101d: Pharmacology
- 101e: Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
- 102: Understanding Direct Access
- 102a: Differential Diagnosis and Medical Screening
- 102b: Triage of the Upper Body
- 102c: Triage of the Lower Body
- 102d: Direct Access in PT/Clinical Reasoning 1
- 103: Fundamentals in Orthopedics and Direct Access Lab
- 104: Nxt Gen Mentoring and Leadership
- 100 hours of Virtual Mentorship is provided within the program
Our programs are built upon a learning management system which is located directly within Microsoft Office 365. All technology fees are included within tuition costs. You will receive 1-year access to Office 365, starting from your start date.
The program follows an ABPTRFE accredited curriculum. This said, because this program offers virtual mentorship (as opposed to onsite mentorship) it has not been accredited. This allows us to offer you a more innovative model of education.